httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: is 1 week enough?
Date Fri, 16 Feb 1996 01:57:15 GMT
> I'm in full agreement with this but I don't want to unilaterally write
> policy documents. I want this list to determine what that policy will
> be. It probably won't be everything I want or everything Rob wants or
> please everyone but I hope it will move in the right direction and I'll
> certainly pipe up with aspects of policy that are governed by cvs use.

Somebody needs to write the first draft, and I think that should be those
people with the most experience using CVS successfully.  Don't worry
about it -- we can change it if people get upset.  Note that one part
of the current voting rules is that anyone can write and introduce
documentation without a vote, but people can veto it (which then requires
them to help fix the reason for the veto).

The guidelines are there to reduce anxiety about individual participation,
which is hard to do when we only talk to each other via e-mail.
It isn't perfect, but its the best we can do without an overseer to
resolve conflicts.

View raw message