httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: CVS
Date Tue, 27 Feb 1996 01:13:39 GMT
> Fro
>
> Some people seem to think this is a bad idea, but I really can't see the
> problem. There is a small problem about logging, but I'm sure that can easily
> be fixed. There is no need to log read only accesses. Some say there are better
> tools, but if you happen to have CVS and don't happen to have the better tools,
> which aren't implemented anyway, then I guess CVS is the tool for the job.

Well, I have other reservations, such as the added load imposed on hyperreal
by people having a lot of people running remote cvs and my original opinion
that it would be more effort to set up remote cvs access than to set
up sup.

> Whatever happens, it is definitely to everyone's benefit to have some method
 to get up-to-date. If not this method, how are we going to do it?

It's rather essential actually or this isn't going to work very well since
most people won't have access to the up to date sources.

> I guess it all depends on whether Brian is prepared to allow a public (or
> semi-public) read-only login for CVS access. Brian?

If you want to give this a try then I'm not too bothered at this stage since
most of the people requesting it will probably end up with full cvs access
in the future since they're all current developers.

I think a much wider audience should ultimately have access to the cvs
repository though and remote cvs will not be a good way to do that.