httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Log Ignore Hosts patch uploaded
Date Sun, 25 Feb 1996 15:20:40 GMT

> bozo robots?

On that topic, anyone have any cute ideas to fight this scourge?

I've got twice (thrice) daily occurances of robots completely
ignoring exclusion rules, firing off multiple CGI programs to the
point of hitting system process limits and really hurting my
little sparc 2. Seems that it has become quite fashionable to
run a robot. (or unleash one rather)

One thing I have tried lately that seems to be helping (but not
in all cases) is to stick /wrench.html in the tree and set a
Redirect for that URL. Some robots seem to be ignoring Location:
as well.

Ideas appreciated.