httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: SysV Shared Memory Patch (v108b)
Date Tue, 20 Feb 1996 21:37:17 GMT
David Robinson wrote:

> >Hmmmm... Isn't that fact that the segment is created using IPC_PRIVATE
> >mean that no other processes will be able to access/use it?
>
> No. It just means that the segment id won't clash with any existing ids.

Will the fact that we shmctl(...IPC_RMID...) the segment right after we
attach it cause other non-forked processes to not be able to access the
segment (i.e. Will the kernel refuse to honor any future shmat() calls
for that segment since it's "trashed-but-kept-active"?

++    http://www.jaguNET.com/         +++      Voice/Fax: 410-931-7060       ++