httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: New mod_expires/mod_cern_meta
Date Tue, 20 Feb 1996 16:29:45 GMT
> From owner-new-httpd@hyperreal.com  Tue Feb 20 16:22:44 1996
> From: Andrew <andrew@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk>
> Subject: New mod_expires/mod_cern_meta
> To: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
> Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 15:34:22 +0000 (GMT)
>
> dist/contrib/modules/mod_expires.c
>
> 	now version 0.0.8
> 	uses gm_timestr_822() so compiles with 1.0.3 and 1.1b0 sources
> 	[thanks David R]
> 	uses a */* handler, which DECLINES, instead of fixups - so should
> 	be a bit more efficient [thanks Rob T]
>
> dist/contrib/modules/mod_cern_meta.c
>
> 	now version 0.0.6
> 	uses a */* handler, which DECLINES, instead of fixups
>
> I note that contrib people now have to support both 1.0.3 and 1.1
> trees (just to stop people complaining ;), oh well, I never asked
> for a simple life.

Things won't work like that for long, it'll become impossible.

You need 1.0x contrib and 1.1x contrib. Now, in cvs this is easy :-)
Well, you still have to engineer fixes for both branches but maintaing
the code is easy.

Incidentally, I'm a bit confused :-)

Can someone explain the naming scheme for the two branches, what the
release plans for both are and which one the last patch round was for and
why all patches aren't going into the development tree since a bug fix
for 1.0.X should be a bug fix in 1.1.X too?

I'm just losing track and need to get on top of this quickly so I can
answer Ben's mail about what to commit to where.