httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Sanders <sand...@bsdi.com>
Subject Re: Real World Webserver Performance
Date Sat, 17 Feb 1996 05:46:39 GMT
Brian Behlendorf writes:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:
> > MOSIX is an add-on/patch for BSDI that supposedly allows shared
> > resource computing among several machines on the network. Shared
> > memory, swap, CPU etc.
>
> Ah, so is that why BSDI is not planning on supporting multiprocessor
> machines?  (Tony?)  Is MOSIX a BSDI product or a third party?  Sounds
> very interesting.
Well, this technically doesn't belong on this list but I'll make
one post here (since I suppose it could be related to web server
stuff and you specifically asked).  Followups to private email please.

BSDI *is* planning on supporting the Intel Multiprocessor Standard.
That project is already well underway.  If you are interested, email
us at info@bsdi.com in a few months for current status.

MOSIX is a third-party thing -- see http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/mosix