httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Votes, and 1.0.3?
Date Fri, 16 Feb 1996 19:16:12 GMT
Rob Hartill liltingly intones:

> Preparing, testing (among ourselves) and releasing a 1.0.3 *could* be
> a distraction we just don't need. I can't test a 1.0.3 without backing
> down from some of the feature I've grown to love over the last few weeks :-)
>
> Who are these people wanting "some of the bugfixes"?
>
> How about dropping the patches you think are urgent (are there any?) into
> the official 1.0.2 patches dir (where the cookies patch already can be found)
> and let people roll their own?
>
> I've already got 3 servers running with almost all the patches for 1.0.2.
> Changing them to a 1.0.3 isn't on my agenda. Changing them to 1.1b0 is.

We're already committed to 1.1b0 here. We need the added functionality, and
are willing to suffer without httpd_monitor for 1 release. 8^)

As a side note: The morning after I installed a 1.1b0 test release on one
of our servers, it crashed. Everyone screamed for Apache's head, until I
politely pointed out to them that the machine went down while trying to
rotate logs on & restart a Netscape Commerce server on the machine. 8^)

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
Andrea: Unhappy the land that has no heroes.
Galileo: No, unhappy the land that needs heroes.
		-- Bertolt Brecht, "Life of Galileo"