httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: xbit
Date Thu, 15 Feb 1996 21:10:13 GMT

> Ack!  I don't remember that consensus at all last time it came up - if a
> .pdf file has an X bit set, are people really putting SSI's in there?  I
> don't think so... and since mod_include will always output a file labeled
> with "text/html", why would you want to start with anything else?
>
> No, this is a case where, to me, both the X bit and the content-type
> should be checked.  I thought this was fixed, but I could be wrong.

I think I patched this so that anything other than "text/html" was
assumed not to contain SSI. *If* I remember correctly, Rob T argued
that "text/*" should be the check and the patch got pulled (not sure
if it reached a formal vote), I think it had core dump potential that
didn't help it on it's way.

Maybe the table_get patch for 1.0.2 solves the core dump problem.
I'll see if I can find the patch.

rob