httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Re: Votes, and 1.0.3?
Date Thu, 15 Feb 1996 21:04:45 GMT
> To be honest, folks, I agree - this patch round has a lot of
> functionality enhancements *and* bugfixes, so I propose we build
> 1) 1.0.3 with the bugfixes (61, 62, 66, 68, 70, 74/75, 77, 82, 85-89, 92,
> 96, 98, 101, 103, and I'd even be willing to put 100 in there as well)
> 2) 1.1b0, which has all the others, plus the new modules.
> We make an announcement which mentions *both* as now available - billing
> 1.0.3 as the maintenance/stability release and 1.1b0 as the experimental
> release.  I think it's unfair for people who want some of the bugfixes to
> also have to gamble on possibly new bugs from the new functionality.
> What do people think?  I don't see this as representing a significant
> amount of new work for the release builder.

Preparing, testing (among ourselves) and releasing a 1.0.3 *could* be
a distraction we just don't need. I can't test a 1.0.3 without backing
down from some of the feature I've grown to love over the last few weeks :-)

Who are these people wanting "some of the bugfixes"?

How about dropping the patches you think are urgent (are there any?) into
the official 1.0.2 patches dir (where the cookies patch already can be found)
and let people roll their own?

I've already got 3 servers running with almost all the patches for 1.0.2.
Changing them to a 1.0.3 isn't on my agenda. Changing them to 1.1b0 is.

Go for 1.0.3 if you want, just don't assume everyone on this list will
actively participate in testing it.

View raw message