httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: vote update
Date Wed, 14 Feb 1996 14:05:22 GMT
> On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, David Robinson wrote:
>
> > The other change was to add #include <utime.h>
>
> However, I don't think that's it *grin*. BTW, I did find out something -
> removing the -O2 from Configuration causes it to work (I think this is why
> it had worked last time - it wasn't optimized). But that still means
> something's wrong, so...

This sounds familiar. Another project I have been working on is
qualifying gcc 2.7.2 for HP-PA on a large software project. gcc (with -O)
seems to be extremely sensitive to improperly initialized char *foo = NULL
and conditional statements checking unused variables early in the code.
(Generally, before entering a loop where the variable is actually set).