httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Installation
Date Tue, 13 Feb 1996 16:28:07 GMT
  One drawback I see is that it could increase file transfer requests
  from people that wish to support multiple platforms. Offering a
  raw package would probably solve that.

Actually, come to think of it, if we make it easier for a naive user
to install, more naive users will install it --- and that will generate
more traffic in and of itself.  Better not do that ;-).

Seriously, the only question here is whether the apache.org traffic
really is a strain on hyperreal and its net connection (or threatens
to be).  If not, no problem; if it is, perhaps more mirroring might
be helpful.

rst