httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Permissions for derivative products...
Date Tue, 13 Feb 1996 16:20:17 GMT
Well, it seems someone has finally decided to ask what the license
language actually means... the fellow contacted me directly, and asked
what his rights and responsibilities were wrt the license.  IMHO, the
right thing to tell him would be that:

1) He's in the clear wrt us so long as his documentation and ads
   contain the notice "This product includes software develped by
   the Apache group..."

2) That given that his software contains the server core and basically
   nothing else, that it seems appropriate not to use the Apache name,
   or the Apache group name, in any more prominent fashion, but simply
   call it by its own proper name, whatever he chooses to call it.

(I'd appreciate it if one of the more lawyerly souls around here could
take charge of this... particularly if someone already has a form letter
they can just send out in response to these sorts of inquiries).

rst

PS --- original message included below.