httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Yet more patches
Date Mon, 12 Feb 1996 17:00:01 GMT

> > >It would appear that a compromise is called for.
> >
> > What would you prefer? Would you like to be able to put your default
> > OS in the Configuration file?
> >
> > I do think that having the user have to search through all the CFLAGS
> > lines is a bit cacky. Maybe all this should go into the Configure script?
>
> Ideally any new configure/make call would hunt around for an old
> configuration file (../../*/src/Configuration maybe?) and prompt
> the user to ask if it should be used to redefine the defaults.
>
> OR, it'd be nice if I could copy an old configuration into a new
> dir and not worry about it being trashed by unpacking a new distribution
> "on to of it".
>

> rob

Both features of the Perl style configuration script.

In answer to Mark Cox's concerns about discovering prefered
options later in the process, it would be most logical to group
authentication options, logging options, etc. and explain the
conflicts and features for each in the same prompt/block.

Not insurmountable..