httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: patch - vote
Date Mon, 12 Feb 1996 01:28:49 GMT

> If you know how to fix the problem, the author will be more than
> happy to let you upload a replacement patch. If the author doesn't
> like the new patch, it can be vetoed.

I have a problem with this.  I don't think we should open that can of
worms up here... if someone uploads a patch they should be the ones
to either upkeep it, ( do the modifications and such ) and reupload
it with a patch letter upgraded.  I don't like the idea of anyone and
everyone being able to change patches around and uploading them.

> I can only assume that by your above statement you're affraid to
> step on someone else's toes^H^H^H^Hpatch... don't be.

I'll be happy to send a patch to the author, but that may yet break
another system, or his original patch.  If I was the author, I would
like to just receive feedback.

<Aram>

--
Aram Mirzadeh						awm@qosina.com
MIS Manager				      Apache httpd team member

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
                -- Dean Martin