httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: patch - vote
Date Sun, 11 Feb 1996 17:39:13 GMT

> > If you know how to fix the problem, the author will be more than
> > happy to let you upload a replacement patch. If the author doesn't
> > like the new patch, it can be vetoed.
>
> I have a problem with this.  I don't think we should open that can of
> worms up here... if someone uploads a patch they should be the ones
> to either upkeep it, ( do the modifications and such ) and reupload
> it with a patch letter upgraded.  I don't like the idea of anyone and
> everyone being able to change patches around and uploading them.

But that's how we've been doing things so far. A few of the patches
in this recent batch went through this process. However, I must
emphasize that the patches weren't *changed*, they were left unchanged.
A new patch was *added* and it was up to the owner of an earlier patch
to remove anything that becomes obsolete.

If people have a problem with this then they should desensitize(sp?) their
ego settings (not directed at anyone in particular). This is a collaborative
effort not a programming competition.

Remember that there can be any number of different versions of a patch
under consideration. The best one will get accepted.

rob