httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: patch - vote
Date Sun, 11 Feb 1996 15:36:19 GMT

> > The way I see it, if I can't make'em work, then this version is not
> > supported on my platform. All I'm suggesting is that we apply a little
> > bit of interpretation to this process since we have a load of patches that
> > we need to get applied.
>
> This attiude is abhorrant. Remember what we are voting on. We are not
> voting on whether or not a patch is 'good', we are not voting on whether
> a feature is needed, or should be included. We are not voting on what you
> can put in your server.

Geez... I think it's Rob's turn to be the bad boy....

All I am asking is that we try to be a bit more flexible in accepting
changes to patches that allow them to compile on platforms that the
author does not have access to. I'm not even the author of the problem
patches (this time) but seeing the number we have, holdovers could
become a problem.

That's it. Generally a positive attitude I feel...