httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: socket error on APACHE v1.0]
Date Sun, 11 Feb 1996 07:50:20 GMT

> Are we talking about "socket error: accept failed" in the error logs?  Yep,
> I'm getting them too on Solaris 2.5, in the main error log (whereas "send
> timed out for" will also show up in the virtual host error logs as well).
> Looking at the error log it appears to happen even at really unloaded
> times, like 5am, so I dunno that slow OS response can be blamed.
> I'm still running 1.0, I'll be installing 1.0.2 today and we'll see if it
> still happens.   I don't see it on hyperreal.

Yup.. exactly... usually a 5:1 relation from socket erros to time outs sent.
Timeout sent can be caused by alot of things though, including hitting Reload
in the middle of a cgi script.

<Aram>
--
Aram Mirzadeh						awm@qosina.com
MIS Manager				      Apache httpd team member

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
                -- Dean Martin