httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: socket error on APACHE v1.0]
Date Fri, 09 Feb 1996 17:05:36 GMT
Paul Richards liltingly intones:

> > > No, it doesn't.  Apache just has this problem.  And we're not addressing it
> > > why I don't know.
> >
> > We can't address what we can't see. Some of us simply don't get these
> > problems. They seem to be platform dependent, with linux being the
> > biggest sufferer. An earlier user explanation I forwarded seemed to
> > blame slow OS responses to a lost connection that had just been
> > negotiated and was awaiting a process to accept it.
>
> Is anyone seeing this on anything besides Linux? Just one other report
> would be enough to make it an Apache problem but so far all I've seen are
> Linux reports and that does tend to suggest it's a Linux related thing, even
> if Apache is somehow a cuplrit in triggering the problem.

I have reports from UnixWare 2.x users who say that SIGHUP is not resetting
Apache, and that accept()s are being refused from the time of the SIGHUP on.
As I said earlier, I don't have access to a copy of UnixWare 2.x to fix
any of this. This is the only other related problem I know of. I also have
reports of other problems with signals on UnixWare 2.x.

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
Rule of Feline Frustration:
	When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly
content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom.