httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: completed survey
Date Fri, 09 Feb 1996 09:41:15 GMT

> >Full name of server: Apache
> >Version described: Apache 1.0.2
> >
> >---Operating Systems---
> >Unix: Y
> >OS/2: Y
> Not for 1.0.2, which doesn't support OS/2.

This needs to be "Y". Our existing survey info has it at "Y" 'cos
all the OS/2 users kept saying Apache worked on OS/2. Paul was happy
to take "Y" as an answer even though he knew it required a patch.

> >Server can generate non-hit log entries (such as comments): N
>
> Yes, it can, at least that's what I thought the error log was for.

The explanation (in the first mail) said,

  "Server can generate non-hit log entries (such as comments)
   Particular events (time passing, server load over a certain limit) can
   generate entries in the log."

So "N" does look like the correct answer.

> >CGI scripts can create their own log entries: N
> Can't CGI scripts write to the error log?

See above.

> >Can track individual users in log: Y
> Can it?

Cookies!