httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: socket error on APACHE v1.0]
Date Thu, 08 Feb 1996 20:27:40 GMT

> > This could very likely be caused by the sending of SIGHUP once per day.
>
> No, it doesn't.  Apache just has this problem.  And we're not addressing it
> why I don't know.

We can't address what we can't see. Some of us simply don't get these
problems. They seem to be platform dependent, with linux being the
biggest sufferer. An earlier user explanation I forwarded seemed to
blame slow OS responses to a lost connection that had just been
negotiated and was awaiting a process to accept it.

If you think more can be done, what do you suggest?

rob