httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: 2 thorns attacked
Date Wed, 07 Feb 1996 13:39:14 GMT

> I've uploaded 23a.mmap.patch:
>   From: drtr@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
>   Subject: Use shared memory for scoreboard
>   Affects: conf.h, http_main.c
>   ChangeLog: Use mmap() to allocated shared memory for the scoreboard on
>              Solaris, SunOS, Digital UNIX, BSDI and HP/UX. It should work on
>              most of the other architectures.
>   Comments: This avoids httpd needing a file in /tmp; this can cause problems
>             on systems where /tmp is cleared by a cron job. It should also
>             speed up httpd.
>
> David.

works for me but upsets my 86.scoreboard_into_logs.patch. It causes a
patch failure. 86 is still needed as a backup for systems (if there any)
that barf on the mmap stuff.

I've uploaded 86a which is the same patch as 86 but with some context
around one of the diffs removed in order to avoid conflicts with 23a

rob