httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: 2 thorns attacked
Date Wed, 07 Feb 1996 10:43:54 GMT

> >Already done. So I guess this answers David's question too.
> >ScoreBoardFile /usr/tmp/foobar
>
> Indeed. I was just wondering whether the default should be /usr/tmp
> or the log directory.
>
> How would this fit with 23.mmap patch, which avoids having to use a
> scoreboard file altogether?

23.mmap needs some work to get it to patch against
my 1.0.2 (+other patches).

For future reference if the patch is updated for 1.0.2, HPUX seems to
define MAP_ANONYMOUS instead of MAP_ANON, so add somewhere,

#ifndef MAP_ANON
#define MAP_ANON MAP_ANONYMOUS
#endif

It seems to work under HPUX. Well the server's running. God knows
what the children are doing now that the httpd_monitor has no use.

How about defining

ScoreBoardFile use-mmap

To switch it on?    Mmmmm, that'd mean I could switch to a file based
scoreboard to watch httpd_monitor then back to mmap to optimise for
speed.

rob
 does Apache have as many config options as a top of the range Sony VCR yet?