httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Patch to implement Keep-Alive
Date Sat, 03 Feb 1996 11:58:20 GMT

> Other than that, it does work wonderfully. At least, it seems to.
> According to the spec, at least. I don't really know if it works. I don't
> have a browser I can gaurantee actually uses Keep-Alive (Netscape 2.0
> sends it, but for all I know it just closes the connection after it gets
> the data anyhow), so I can't test that, but it seems to work. If someone
> could move the patch over to for_Apache_1.0.2, I'd like to see it there.

I moved it to for_Apache_1.0.2/90.keepalive.patch  and have now
added a possible replacement in 90b.keepalive.patch which adds a
httpd.conf "KeepAliveTimeout" value (default = 15s).

Seems to work a treat. The httpd_monitor show that the connection
is still open by virtue of the process staying in a running state, and
I can see the new timeout come into effect when I leave a connection
unused for > KeepAliveTimeout.

I might feel brave later and put it on a heavily used site  :-)

rob