httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (David Robinson)
Subject proxying
Date Fri, 19 Jan 1996 18:52:00 GMT
Well, I've got a _non-caching_ Apache 1.0 http proxy working. I've been aiming
at strict standards conformance, so the code probably looks a little different
to any other proxy software...

Does anyone have any good references for designing a 'cache'?
I was thinking along the lines of using a strong 128-bit checksum of the
METHOD/URL as the cache key; the key is encoded as a filename, and I search
through all files called key.* to find a cache entry.

I would probably break out part of the filename into a directory name
to avoid thousands of cache files in the main cache directory.

Maybe Alexei and I should share code on this one...

View raw message