httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <M.J....@bradford.ac.uk>
Subject Some more for the List
Date Wed, 17 Jan 1996 13:46:48 GMT
Four more things for the list...

Bugs:

Fix timeout code so it resets properly after every sucessful byte
	I haven't tried out the most recent method that was posted for this

Wish List:

Restrict/Enable ~user on a per-user basis (separate module probably)
	 So you can easily suspend troublesome users or only allow
	 users that have signed some disclaimer

Mutiple Configurable Log Files
	This would get rid of the need for the agent and referer modules
	(and cookie logs).  You could "AddLog filename [config]" for as many
	log files as you want.  "RefererLog filename" is then just an
	alias for "AddLog filename $O{referer}" (or whatever syntax).

Named Access Methods
	You could specify a set of restrictions and re-use those restrictions
	in other areas.  I've seen sites have multiple "local only" sections
	that are fairly complex (allow from this domain but not the proxy
	server etc.) that are repeated many times throughout the site.
Mark
Mark J Cox,  mark@awe.com -------------- URL:http://www.awe.com/mark.html
University of Bradford, England ---------- tel +44.1274.384070/fax 391333