httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: Votes for patches to 1.0.1
Date Fri, 19 Jan 1996 01:08:56 GMT
On Thu, 18 Jan 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> > 1.0.2. Unless you really really do mean 1.1,
> I did really really mean 1.1 'cos I wanted to see some new features
> being released to keep the viewing public interested.

Okee. That makes sense.

> > in which case the version
> > number would be 1.1b1, and the directory would be for_Apache_1.1b0. I'd
> would it?

> the for_Apache_X dirs mean patches for existing version X. At least
> that's been the story so far.

Well, regardless, the fact of the matter is that
patches/incoming/for_Apache_1.1b0 *does* exist, and has 20-odd new
feature patches. for_Apache_1.0.1 does also exist, and half a dozen
bug-fixes. Apache 1.1b0 = 1.0/1.0.1/1.0.2

My thoughts are that we should get a "released" buf-fixed 1.0 version out
(1.0.1 was not released publicly) before we put new features in that are
potentially buggy, since some people do need stable software, and if I
recall correctly, 1.0 does have some nasty bugs.

So while I have no objection for a voting on 1.1b1 at the end of the
month, how about we have a vote on 1.0.2 *this* week, release it next
week, and then the following week we can proceed with your plan to vote
on 1.1b1 (which would be the for_Apache_1.1b0 stuff patched onto 1.0.2).

Can we agree on that? It wouldn't impede your plan, just deepen its scope.
In fact, I think someone's already called for votes on Apache 1.0.2.

> it's the "lots of things to do first" attitude (not a personal attack)
> that's slowed us down unecessarily (IMO) in the past.

I don't care one way or the other. I guess that makes sense.

And if no one else wants to, I'll volunteer to build 1.1b1.

--/ Alexei Kosut <> /--------/ Lefler on IRC