httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Uploaded mod_userdir_virtual.c to ftp.apache.org (fwd)
Date Wed, 10 Jan 1996 01:10:24 GMT
On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Andrew Wilson wrote:

> I do not understand the above paragraph, but perhaps we are talking at
> crossed purposes.  A misunderstanding perhaps.

Yes, it's a misunderstaning. Here's what happened, I think: You forwarded
the mail message re the updated module. I replied and pointed to my patch
and said "Just in case anyone cares, I'm vetoing this" (or some such).
What I meant was (I obviously wasn't clear enough), "If anyone was
considering putting this user's submission up for vote as part of the next
released version of Apache, I will -1 it, so don't bother." You response
said "it's a module, so you can't veto it," and I, assuming (seemingly
incorrectly) that you understood what I meant, thought you meant that
modules being submitted to become part of the Apache distrbution could not
be vetoed. So, yes, it seems a misunderstanding. Sorry for any confusion
this all caused.