httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Schrenk <nschr...@neog.com>
Subject Help with generating patches
Date Tue, 16 Jan 1996 21:19:04 GMT

Hi all,

a while ago I sent a fix for the timeout problemswith Apache experienced by
some sites to the list.  It was not in patch form, and a couple people
have asked me to submit a patch.  I don't have any experience generating
the style of patches I see submitted, and so I'd like some pointers as to
the best way to go about generating one.  I tried using diff (stock
Solaris diff) but I couldn't figure out which flags to use to generate
the correct style of patch.

Is there a place I can go and read up on how to generate a proper patch
for submission to Apache?

Thanks,

Nathan

--