httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Schrenk <nschr...@neog.com>
Subject Re: Whither 1.0.2?
Date Fri, 05 Jan 1996 16:53:02 GMT
On Thu, 4 Jan 1996, Cliff Skolnick wrote:

> If timeout_name is global, I think we might want to re-do the patch.
>
> Cliff

In order to do the correct thing with timeouts, I figured that I needed
access to timeout_name in the send_fd() procedure.  The modified send_fd()
resets the alarm timer after every successful network write, but only if
timeout_name is not null.  This seemed like the best way to make sure that
send_fd() was resetting a timer, not setting a new one.  I'm open to
suggestions about how this can be reworked to not have timeout_name
changed to a global.

> On Thu, 4 Jan 1996, Chuck Murcko wrote:

> > Hmm, weird, that. There was also a timeout fix posted (though not formatted
> > as a patch). It seems to work fine here. Does anyone dislike it enough that
> > I shouldn't reformat it and submit it as a patch under the original author's
> > name? It does change timeout_name to a global...
> >
> > chuck

Nathan

--
Nathan Schrenk						nschrenk@neog.com