httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <>
Subject Re: CVS 1.7
Date Sat, 27 Jan 1996 13:38:13 GMT
> Roy> Are we going to use 1.6 or 1.7?  I'd like to play with the latest
> Roy> and greatest (particularly for other projects), but I don't want
> Roy> to install both at UCI.  What should I do?
> CVS 1.7 has much better communication capabilities than 1.6 does, and
> pre-releases (86 if I remember well) have been intensively tested by
> the CVS developpers to maintain CVS.
> With 1.7 (and not 1.6), you may indicate that you wanna watch some
> files. If someone wants to edit these files, you get a mail telling
> you that this user is going to modify the files you're interested
> in. This may help in preventing conflicts when two people begin to
> make huge modifications on the same part of the code at the same time.

Do you mean "when somebody has edited these files you get a mail telling you
that this user has modified the files..."? Unless CVS has changed a lot from
1.6 to 1.7 there is no requirement (or even method) to indicate an intention
to edit a particular file.

However, it still sounds like a useful feature.

>   Sam
> --
> "La cervelle des petits enfants, ca doit avoir comme un petit gout de noisette"
>                                                        Charles Baudelaire

and Technical Director      Email:
A.L. Digital Ltd,           URL:
London, England.