httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: rsh sources?
Date Wed, 17 Jan 1996 17:12:51 GMT

> > > Tell me again what's wrong with ssh?  I'm dense.
> >
> > Apart from being about 100 times the size of rsh, there's nothing wrong with
> > it, I think, if it SOCKSifies OK, that is. I'd just forgotten about it...
> >
> > Just reassure me that it works with CVS. Has anyone tested it?
> >
> > Also, I note that you have 1.2.12, but on the main site
> > (ftp://ftp.cs.hut.fi/pub/ssh) the latest is 1.2.0. What gives?
>
> I installed 1.2.12 because there are some fixes that are specific
> to BSD machines, and the newer version  does compression. Not to
> mention support for keep-alive, etc.
>
> *Why* do you need to "SOCKSify" it?

Because I am behind a firewall. I seem to be unique in that respect, at least
in the Apache Group (apart from Paul, who is behind a firewall so tight even
SOCKS won't help, apparently).

I'll grab 1.2.12. But does it work with CVS? I know this is the whole point,
but has anyone tested it?

Cheers,

Ben.

London, England.