httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: more web server performance stats
Date Wed, 17 Jan 1996 17:07:14 GMT

> > with our backends, perhaps a cgi-pipe kind of thing, etc, make
>
> What is a cgi-pipe?

Well, nothing really... but just a name I am giving to
A crappy thing I am currently doing; essentially it is a pool
of perl cgi-scripts which is compiled into a single perl
'server' which sits on a pipe with apache, which barfs the
cgi-stuff down that line, and the chunk of perl then calls
the function which used to be the normal cgi script.

That means that I develop using normal perl cgi-scripts, but
just for release I encapsualte them in a single server
script which I hang onto apache. Try http://ewse.ceo.org/
anything with 'form' or 'construct' or 'build' in its name.

The trouble is I am not sure how to build such constand
backend pipes to apache in a neat way. I know what I want
but it has some thinking to go.

But I am sure other people have been doing the same thing.

Dw.