httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: HTTP-ng, Anonymous and mSQL-Auth
Date Tue, 09 Jan 1996 09:37:20 GMT

> Simon (Spero)  and I have kicked around some ideas on this general area.
> I think I believe that the best way to tackle Apache and HTTP-NG is with
> MT support and a protocol-API.  I have a few programming cycles that I can
> donate to the cause but I know I can't do it alone.  I'm busy debugging a

That is not the problem; we can invest time. We did it with a simple
'register' API which sat on its own childed which just communicated the
in/outs to the sockets of the normal apache children.

> SHTTP/SSL implementation for Apache using the Secure Web Toolkit, and it is
> _messy_ to say the least.  I had to make major changes all in the core.

> It isn't pretty and the only reason I did it is to maybe learn how to do
> a protocol interface the right way.  In any event, I'd like to work on
> the protocol API with others if indeed this should come about.

Hmm, right. That was one of the reasons I did not embark into this
right away; I hacked a version but I have great dificulties getting
a grasp on a full generic protocol API.

DW.