httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: HTTP-ng, Anonymous and mSQL-Auth
Date Thu, 04 Jan 1996 13:32:56 GMT
> > - Is anyone working on working on (a demo of) http-ng ? If so,
> >   please let me know. If not; we'll be implementing something
> >   in that area. (But possible limited to Solaris and BSD)
> >
> >   Q: Is the need felt for this; i.e. the time spend on making it
> >   a generic rahter than 'ewse.org' only version ?
>
> Ideally this will be a protocol module under the proposed protocol abstraction
> framework. I'm in favour of it. Are there any HTTP-NG browsers?

Not that I am aware of. We have some Perl code which 'mimic's the
spec; we used it to do some testing across the atlantic; and we
quite liked the results :-) But they are hard to interpret.

Furthermore I heard on the grapevine that there was a demonstration
inplementation as proxy (someone from HP, JClarke?) by someone
close to the http-ng draft. I'll try to find out; but it might
still be stuck in the dark dungeon of w3.

Dw.