httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: CVS?
Date Tue, 02 Jan 1996 19:17:37 GMT

> > I see no mention of CVS. Has any progress been made? I've just got the
> > authenticating server version working (which avoids the need for rsh, desirable
> > IMHO, since it avoids the need for SOCKSifying rsh as well as cvs), so, could
> > whoever is building it please uncomment the
> >
> > #define AUTH_CLIENT_SUPPORT
> > #define AUTH_SERVER_SUPPORT
> >
> > lines in src/options.h? This does not impair the ability of the system to use
> > rsh for those who want to, but it also enables the authenticating version -
> > use "cvs pserver" at the server end (in inetd.conf) and "cvs -a ..." at the
> > client end to use it.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Ben.
>
> Hmmm. I thought you were building this Ben.

Was I? I thought Paul Richards was?

> As for securing the connection, hyperreal now has ssh running
> which provides an encrypted connection to ssh clients. Could be
> less headache to get working, and is already installed.

SOCKS isn't to secure the connection (not really) its to get me past my
firewall. Since the shell connection for CVS is only used to launch the CVS
server, ssh doesn't provide much protection.

> CVS is also already installed on hyperreal for that matter. If
> allw we need to do is put the 1.0.0 under CVS control, what are
> we waiting for?

Good question! I'm just sorting out the procedures needed to do all this stuff.
If CVS is ready to go, I should be ready to set it up in a couple of days.
I won't be able to use it until I SOCKSify it, though, which may take a little
longer. For those who don't know, I should point out that SOCKSification takes
place entirely in the client, it won't affect hyperreal.

Cheers,

Ben.

London, England.