httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Aram W. Mirzadeh" <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: binaries
Date Wed, 31 Jan 1996 17:59:09 GMT
At 03:26 PM 1/31/96 +0000, you wrote:

>> Speaking of useless feature... can we add a USR1 or USR2 kill signal to
>> tell the user which version of apache is running?  Most people don't
>> even know which one they're running especially if they got it with their
>> O/S ( like linux ).
>>
>> Nothing fancy, maybe a single line to spits out the version, and pid of the
>> parent httpd in logs/access_logs?
>>

>I think this truly would qualify as a compleltely uselesss feature. No-one's
>going to guess that they can get this info from doing that and since
>that means they're going to ask anyway tell them to telnet to the server
>and do a HEAD.

Forget HEAD, you can always do a httpd -v to find out what the devil it is.
But it would nice to have it list the version in the access log.  Maybe even
at startup.  People just send me bug reports with the error_log / access_log
which would include the info.   ( just makes life alot easier )

<Aram>