httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: binaries
Date Wed, 31 Jan 1996 15:26:48 GMT

> Speaking of useless feature... can we add a USR1 or USR2 kill signal to
> tell the user which version of apache is running?  Most people don't
> even know which one they're running especially if they got it with their
> O/S ( like linux ).
>
> Nothing fancy, maybe a single line to spits out the version, and pid of the
> parent httpd in logs/access_logs?

I think this truly would qualify as a compleltely uselesss feature. No-one's
going to guess that they can get this info from doing that and since
that means they're going to ask anyway tell them to telnet to the server
and do a HEAD.

--
  Paul Richards. Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)