httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Timeout patch
Date Tue, 23 Jan 1996 11:24:53 GMT

> Hmm, isn't there a race condition here? What happens if it times out just
> after sucessful fwrite, but before the alarm call?

I was just about to give that patch a test. Is this just something that
is going to be very infrequent and only have the side effect of cutting
someone off because they were a fraction of a second too slow ?

If we're just talking about a few milliseconds to decide between success
and failure then is that such a big deal when the timeout is often in
the 10s of seconds.

Drat, I was looking forward to kicking users off when they're connecting
over a bad link and consuming too many resources.

The one-off Timeout is a pain.

rob