httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <>
Subject Re: Proxy module available... use at own risk.
Date Tue, 23 Jan 1996 00:39:39 GMT
> Now I know you can fire up two apache's to run on different ports, but
> wouldn't it be nice to have 1 httpd effectively doing the job
> of two? (or even more if other protocols can be supported).

	This would solve the two servers needed if you want to use
both SSL and non-SSL http servering, as well.

	I don't know if it is worthwhile. You'd have each pid doing a
select on both sockets, bound to both ports, and then take a different
path based on the port of choice? I dunno, seems like you may as well
just use seperate servers..

Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3
Community ConneXion				FAX:     510-601-9734
The Internet Privacy Provider			Dialin:  510-658-6376 (or login as "guest")

View raw message