httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: CVSROOT modules (fwd)
Date Mon, 22 Jan 1996 18:44:07 GMT
David Robinson liltingly intones:

> >Ahh yeah. I forget that not all operating systems are as nice as BSD :-)
> >
> >Most ftp sites have it in a gnu directory. There's a copy either in
> >my home dir on hyperreal or in ~cvs.
> >
> >Make sure you get 1.6, earlier versions don't provide remote access.
>
> Well, it installs easy enough, but I can't get it to do a damn thing.
> What's this RCS that it mentions, and do I need it?

Yes, RCS is what handles the individual file checkins and things. If you're
building all from scratch, the latest GNU diffutils and patch source are
also recommended. You should (as Paul Richards recommends) build the low
level (patch, diffutils) stuff first, then RCS, then CVS, so each higher
layer can find the correct versions of the lower level tools.

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
"My pants just went on a wild rampage through a Long Island Bowling
Alley!!"
		-- Zippy the Pinhead