httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: proxying
Date Mon, 22 Jan 1996 17:36:35 GMT
Ben Laurie liltingly intones:

> > > still stands. EAFS has a hard limit of 64k-some inodes. 'Nuff said.
> >
> > hmm... 64k vs. 25k. I guess maybe. What is EAFS, anyhow? What comes to
> > mind with that acronym is the Andrew File System, and pardon me for
> > asking... but if you're going to be access a cache over the net, why not
> > just go to the origin server in the first place?
>
> Enhanced Acer File System - its what SCO 3 uses. It may well be why we stop
> using SCO 3 ;-)

SCO told me 3 years ago they were going to fix this. The sad part is that
the code to do this had already been written THEN, by Sean Fagan, before
he left. 8^)

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
Travel important today; Internal Revenue men arrive tomorrow.