httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: Timeout patch uploaded
Date Mon, 22 Jan 1996 03:25:22 GMT

> Hi,
>
> 	just uploaded:
>
> for_Apache_1.1b0/84.timeout.patch

At least someone else is listening... if this isn't fixed soon I'm
going to have to switch back to ncsa.  The amount of hits that my
main server is getting is increasing, for several reasons, one being
my my apache pages.  This is creating more and more timeouts in my
error log file, which means more and more people are getting incomplete
documents.

I tried the following patch, it does reduce the number of accept failed
error, but they're still showing up.  +2 for the attempt, -1 for the
fix though.

<Aram>

--
#define BITCOUNT(x)     (((BX_(x)+(BX_(x)>>4)) & 0x0F0F0F0F) % 255)
#define  BX_(x)         ((x) - (((x)>>1)&0x77777777)                    \

                -- really weird C code to count the number of bits in a word
Aram Mirzadeh					http://www.qosina.com/~awm/
awm@qosina.com					awm@hyperreal.com