httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Votes for patches to 1.0.1
Date Thu, 18 Jan 1996 16:54:44 GMT

> On Wed, 17 Jan 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
>
> > Seems as though we need a designated ass-kicker to inject some much
> > needed enthusiasm back into the project.
>
> Are you volunteering?

it was a lighthearted suggestion (implicit smilies for us Brits remember)

Now if you want me to scream at the rest of you I will... it's easier
than writing code ;-)

> > I'll call a vote for v1.1  (or whatever you want to call it)
>
> 1.0.2. Unless you really really do mean 1.1,

I did really really mean 1.1 'cos I wanted to see some new features
being released to keep the viewing public interested.

> in which case the version
> number would be 1.1b1, and the directory would be for_Apache_1.1b0. I'd

would it?

the for_Apache_X dirs mean patches for existing version X. At least
that's been the story so far.

> say we're not ready for that yet, though. Besdies, there are a lot of
> things in for_Apache_1.0.1 that need to be taken care of before we can
> move out from distributions of bug-fixed versions of 1.0

it's the "lots of things to do first" attitude (not a personal attack)
that's slowed us down unecessarily (IMO) in the past.

rob