httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: more web server performance stats
Date Wed, 17 Jan 1996 11:14:42 GMT

> So lets ensure that we limit resources, get good connections
> with our backends, perhaps a cgi-pipe kind of thing, etc, make
> it easy to build modules into the server which do a lot more
> than just passing things on....

Fine, but why not work on performance as well. There's no reason not
to strive to match these benchmarks as well as doing other development
work. I'm very much in the camp of, "get it to do what it does as
efficiently as possible." It may be that the added toys that Apache has will
mean it never comes out top on benchmarks but we can still try and close
the gap.

--
  Paul Richards. Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)