httpd-dev mailing list archives

From geo...@eit.com (Geoff White)
Subject Re: HTTP-ng, Anonymous and mSQL-Auth
Date Mon, 08 Jan 1996 23:52:02 GMT
At 12:30 PM 1/4/96 +0000, new-httpd@hyperreal.com wrote:

>> I need your help !
>>
>> Just a few questions, before I spend poodles of time, please
>> comment ?! It is just that I have some time/labor-resources
>> to allocate :-) and I just would like some feed back.
>>
>> Its the new year you know !
>>
>> - Is anyone working on working on (a demo of) http-ng ? If so,
>>   please let me know. If not; we'll be implementing something
>>   in that area. (But possible limited to Solaris and BSD)
>>
>>   Q: Is the need felt for this; i.e. the time spend on making it
>>   a generic rahter than 'ewse.org' only version ?
>
>Ideally this will be a protocol module under the proposed protocol abstraction
>framework. I'm in favour of it. Are there any HTTP-NG browsers?

Simon (Spero)  and I have kicked around some ideas on this general area.
I think I believe that the best way to tackle Apache and HTTP-NG is with
MT support and a protocol-API.  I have a few programming cycles that I can
donate to the cause but I know I can't do it alone.  I'm busy debugging a
SHTTP/SSL implementation for Apache using the Secure Web Toolkit, and it is
_messy_ to say the least.  I had to make major changes all in the core
It isn't pretty and the only reason I did it is to maybe learn how to do
a protocol interface the right way.  In any event, I'd like to work on
the protocol API with others if indeed this should come about.

                                                geoffw