httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@originat.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: HTTP-ng, Anonymous and mSQL-Auth
Date Sun, 07 Jan 1996 17:27:37 GMT

> On Sat, 6 Jan 1996, sameer wrote:
> > 	Is there a good reference on MT that I can look at? I don't
> > have a very good clue on what multi-threadedness is all about.
>
> Dunno either.  Who on the list has experience with writing multithreaded
> applications?  Should we make a public call-out for help?  I know there
> are platform issues too, not all OS's do threading so Apache suddenly
> becomes harder to port.

BSD's don't do multi-threading, big market to lose :-) On the other
hand, they're going to have to soon because it's a stumbling block
for java too.

I find it hard to believe though that NG will require multi-threading,
it's an implementation tool that can aid performance, it doesn't
provide any added functionality that can't be implemented with a
fork and shmem although at a performance hit.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)