httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: 64.auth_type
Date Fri, 22 Dec 1995 13:13:00 GMT
> > Of course, the patch doesn't cause any problems on SCO.
> > Does SCO have any form of shared memory?
>
> Yes, it has the ipcs flavour, using shmat() and shmdt(). I seem to remember
> having moments of fun with this and sbrk() in the (very distant) past.

Having looked at the Solaris documentation, use of these shouldn't be too
hard.

It seems that shared-memory segments are persistant objects with their
own name-space (a key). Would keying on "Apache" and the port number
be sufficient.

In case it isn't already obvious, I'm very keen on Apache having
shared memory between the processes. Not only for the scoreboard, but also
for a hostname cache.

 David.