httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (David Robinson)
Subject Re: One more patch for 1.0.0
Date Thu, 14 Dec 1995 16:26:00 GMT
>From: Adam Sussman <>
>This seems reasonable but it allows a DirectoryIndex command to unconditionaly
>override the current query string.  Is this desireable or would it be better
>perhaps to merge the two query strings?

You cannot merge the strings as you don't know their semantics.
Allowing the DirectoryIndex command to override the query string is
more in line with the documentation (it specifies a relative URL without
restricting it only to a path), and gives the server admin the ability
to control what goes in the query string.

>I will submit a new version of the patch given your suggestions.

View raw message