httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: One more patch for 1.0.0
Date Wed, 13 Dec 1995 11:46:00 GMT
>Adam, is this patch in response to a reported bug?  It seems to be a
>feature enhancement.  I'm very wary of introducing anything into the
>source of the 'stable' server that is not *directly* inspired by the
>need to stop the beast from core-dumping.

Then Apache development will grind to a halt, if in fact it has not already
done so. I really cannot understand this attitude; it's almost saying
`this server is so complicated that even an Einstein couldn't modify it
succesfully'. I could probably accept it if as a result there was
some positive action on the development version, but there isn't.
Beware; at this rate we may have another Shambhala (or even another Apache).

Presumably, therefore, you veto all the patches currently available.

Death of Internet predicted; more at 11.

 David.