httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "SEVERE: Looping server-include. " on AIX (fwd)
Date Tue, 12 Dec 1995 13:37:00 GMT
Rst wrote:
>  It does go up the r->main chain. Is r->prev required also?
>
>You have to work hard to set up the cases to require it (SSI page A
>invokes CGI script B which internally redirects to SSI page A which
>invokes CGI script B which ...), but it's possible.

Hmm, that's true; I hadn't considered that case.
However, in the situation you describe, infinite recursion is not
guaranteed as the script could choose not to redirect after a while.

I don't think we need forbid this case; someone might find a use for
it, and anyway it can't be provoked accidentally by the client.

 David.